Thursday, March 6, 2008

reflections on a good life.

Recently I have been thinking back on my life. Who would have thought that this shy immature kid from the farm would end up living in Singapore? Who would have imagined the privilege of living in the jungles of Borneo for so many years? Of raising 3 great, talented children? Of the thousands of people from various cultures that we count as good friends? God has been so gracious to us. We certainly don't deserve any of it. Back in the early 70's when I was trying to figure out my life (hey, if you think I'm strange now, you should have known me back then!), some good friends, whom God used to steer me back into a personal relationship with Him, introduced me to the music of Andre Crouch. Perhaps his most famous song is the one that could describe my feelings right now: "How can i say thanks, for the things you have done for me? Things, so undeserved, yet You gave to prove your love for me...... To God be the glory, to God be the glory, to God be the glory for the things He has done...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am always very encouraged by your ministries and your faithfulness in the Lord.
God bless.